When shopping for cloth or disposable diapers for your skinny baby, COUNTLESS options are available.
This can make choosing overwhelming.
DON’T WORRY — we’re here so you can avoid that hassle!
We’ll help you find the best diaper for skinny baby boys and girls on our list below!
The Best Diaper for Skinny Babies: Top 8 Picks
1. Pampers Pure Disposable Diapers
Let’s kick it off with our best overall pick. Think of the Pampers Pure Disposable Diapers as a mix between plant-based and cloth diapers.
Pampers Pure is an all-in-one diaper that has everything your skinny baby needs! Here are the following features that you’ll love:
- It’s gentle on your baby’s delicate skin: It uses no chemicals and is hypoallergenic!
- It easily handles wetness and keeps your baby dry for up to 12 hours: It’s highly absorbent, has great leak prevention, and has a wetness indicator!
- It keeps your baby comfy: It provides ultimate softness with its mix of cotton, plant-based fibers, and other carefully selected materials!
- You’ll avoid handling any foul smell: Its absorbent core was made to handle odors!
The only downside is that some find it pricey. Most parents consider price, but don’t worry! We’ll cover other baby diapers for you along the way.
- This baby diaper has all the necessities
- It handles bad odors
- It ensures your baby’s comfort
- Can keep your baby dry for 12 hours
- Some parents find it expensive
2. Huggies Special Delivery Diapers
If you want diapers for skinny babies that perfectly balances function and price, then these Special Delivery Diapers are your choice. They’re high-quality, eco-friendly, and hypoallergenic!
They’re also super soft and dermatologist-tested. You’ll never worry about keeping your baby comfortable!
The following features make these Huggies diapers great:
- They’re made from plant-based materials
- These diapers are chemical-free
- They feature leakage protection that lasts up to 12 hours
- These diapers even have a wetness indicator
They even come in sizes from Newborn all the way up to 6! A downside, based on Amazon reviews, is that some have difficulty finding one that fits perfectly.
- Eco-friendly and hypoallergenic
- Premium quality diaper
- Softest diapers made by Huggies
- Some have trouble with how it fits
3. The Honest Company Club Box Diapers
If you’re budget-conscious, this option is perfect. The Honest Company’s Clean Conscious Diapers give you a great eco-friendly disposable diaper at an unbelievable price!
These hypoallergenic, super soft, and ultra-absorbent diapers are perfect for skinnier babies with sensitive skin! You can expect the following from these Honest Co. Diapers:
- The perfect fit: It has a skin-friendly elastic waistband, stretchy panels, leg cuffs, and fastening tabs!
- Ultimate absorbency: It has a multi-layered absorbency liner that holds 17 times its weight in fluid!
- Gentle on your baby’s skin: It has a bio-based TrueAbsorb core made from plant-derived materials and is chemical-free!
All these come together to make an ideal diaper to keep your baby nice and comfy!
- Pays careful attention to ingredients
- Features ensure a great fit
- Has fun designs
- The core can be excessively absorbent and leave your baby’s skin damp
4. Babyganics Ultra-Absorbent Diapers
We’ve shown you our top three picks, but there are more great options in our list of best disposable diapers.
Here’s another line of diapers for skinny babies with sensitive skin. These Skin Love Diapers by Babyganics are made from gentle organic materials!
These Babyganics Ultra-Absorbent Diapers are formulated without irritating chemicals and have a NeoNourish Seed Oil Blend made from various natural oils!
Aside from the skin-friendly aspects, you can expect the following features:
- Breathability: These Skin Love Diapers have breathable sides that help avoid diaper rash!
- Convenience: You’ll know it’s time for a diaper change with help from the wetness indicator!
- Absorbency: It absorbs liquid quickly and helps with leak protection!
The only downside is the material they use. You’ll notice that it’s not as soft and comfy as baby diapers made from cloth.
- Organic ingredients perfect for delicate skin
- Breathable sides keep your baby dry
- Eco-friendly and sustainable
- Not as comfy and soft as diapers with non-organic fabrics
5. Huggies Snug and Dry Diapers
This disposable diaper prioritizes comfort for your skinny baby and will surely float your boat. These Huggies Snug and Dry Diapers have a quilted liner to ensure that!
The following features make it better:
- 4 layers of protection: It’s super absorbent, ultra comfy, and durable!
- Skin-friendly elastic: It prevents any scraping on your baby’s sensitive skin!
- Leak Lock system: You’ll avoid any leaks for up to 12 hours!
- Wetness indicator: You’ll always change your baby’s diaper at the right time!
The downside to these Huggies Snug and Dry Diapers, based on Amazon reviews, is the unpleasant odor it has. If that doesn’t work for you, there are more options!
- Very comfortable
- Elastic ensures the diaper will fit perfectly
- Has excellent absorbency
- Can have an unpleasant odor for some
6. Ecoable Hybrid Cloth Diaper
We’ve only shown you the best disposable diapers so far, so here’s another type of baby gear. This Hybrid Cloth Diaper by Ecoable will help most parents when potty training gets out of hand!
It’s reusable and washable, making it a 100% eco-friendly diaper. It’s even waterproof and has an adjustable absorbency!
Here are its other notable features:
- Waterproof, 3-in-1, and hybrid: This cloth diaper can be used in the daytime, while swimming, and even for potty training!
- Comes in different sizes: No need to worry about the size of leg holes or stretchy sides. The Ecoable Hybrid Cloth Diaper will surely have a size for skinny babies! (even for a tall skinny baby)
- Removable bamboo diaper booster pad: This makes absorbency adjustable. Just put one in to add an extra layer of protection for your skinny baby!
- Side snaps and stretchy waist: These make potty training simple. The diaper easily fits like underwear!
The only downside is some parents might find it inconvenient to wash this diaper repeatedly. If you don’t like it, the next disposable diaper might be what you need!
- Reusable and washable
- Adjustable absorbency
- Will fit your baby’s skinny legs perfectly
- Some might find repeated washing inconvenient
7. Pampers Swaddlers Diapers
Up next is a diaper great for skinny babies, but perfect for newborn babies! The Pampers Swaddlers Diapers, particularly the Size 0, is specially designed for your delicate child.
What makes it great is how, with its stretchy sides and securing tabs, it can fit perfectly around your little one’s thigh areas and tiny waist. If you have a newborn, these could be the best diapers for you!
This great fit also helps prevent leaks and skin irritation. It’s even free of parabens and latex!
A downside, however, is these Pampers Swaddlers Diapers use fragrances and chemicals. If your baby has sensitive skin, play it safe!
It also has the following features:
- A wetness indicator that signals a diaper change
- LockAway Channels that absorb and lock away wetness
- A breathable liner to keep your baby’s skin dry
- LockAway Channels prevent any wetness
- Can fit perfectly, especially on newborn babies
- Diaper doesn’t smell as bad when there’s a mess
- Fragrances and chemicals can irritate your baby’s skin
8. Huggies Little Snugglers Diapers
Here’s our first non-organic option, but that doesn’t change the fact that it’s one of the best disposable diapers for your skinny baby.
Little Snugglers by Huggies has a unique feature that stands out. It uses Leak Lock technology through a pocketed back waistband that provides up to 12 hours of leak protection.
It also has a GentleAbsorb Liner providing a soft layer of protection between your baby and the mess inside.
Aside from the above mentioned, these Huggies Snugglers also have the following features:
- A wetness indicator to tell you it’s changing time!
- They’re unscented and hypoallergenic.
- These baby diapers keep your baby dry and comfortable with a breathable outer cover.
- Huggies Snugglers give your baby four layers of protection!
For a non-organic option, the Huggies Little Snugglers are a great choice!
- Multiple layers of protection for your baby
- Convenient wetness indicator
- Good option for a skinny baby with sensitive skin
- Doesn’t prevent an awful smell when there’s a mess inside the diaper
How Do I Choose the Best Diaper for My Baby? — Factors to Consider
In this section, we’ll go through some questions you should ask yourself when searching for the best diapers for skinny babies.
They’re all simple questions to keep in mind, and you’ll find which diaper is best after answering them!
1. How Well Do They Fit?
You’ll obviously want to find the perfect fit. The best disposable diapers for your skinny baby should fit well enough to prevent blowouts.
Try looking for a baby diaper with a double elastic sealing edge. This ensures a snug fit around your baby’s skinny legs and helps avoid blowouts!
Other diapers would offer you a unique shape or contoured stretchy design. If you find it awkward, it might not properly fit around your baby’s tiny waist.
One last consideration concerns leg flaps. Make sure they’re correctly positioned!
Whether you have a long skinny baby or a plump short baby, the fit is EVERYTHING.
MOMMY TIP: To find a diaper with a double elastic sealing edge, look for one elastic along the outer shell and another one along the absorbent core.
You could also consider going for organic cloth diaper products that are easy to adjust and can grow alongside your little one!
2. Is the Absorbency Good?
Absorbency is a no-brainer. It doesn’t matter if the diaper’s a great fit if it doesn’t absorb all the pee, right?
The best diapers should be able to keep your baby’s skin dry and distribute liquid throughout its core.
If the diaper isn’t absorbent enough, your baby’s delicate skin will stay damp, and it can cause a diaper rash!
3. Are They Comfortable?
If you want the best diaper for your skinny baby, find one that keeps your baby comfortable.
Its material should feel like cloth, feel soft on your baby’s skin, and it should be durable!
Here are some other things you should look at:
- Check if the edges and seams feel smooth. That helps avoid chafing!
- Also, check the diaper’s securing tabs. Their corners should be soft or rounded!
4. Are They Eco-Friendly and Have Natural Ingredients?
Paying attention to the diaper’s ingredients is a way to look out for your baby and the environment.
If you can avoid some types of plastic or any materials that can irritate your baby’s sensitive skin, go for it!
Diaper Trivia: There are even baby diapers made from plant-based materials! If you want to make sure everything’s natural, look for that option!
We have another buying guide on natural disposable diapers if you’re interested in more options.
5. How Much Do They Cost?
Price is something that affects all our buying decisions. For other parents, it might even be their first consideration!
A pricier disposable diaper usually has a super soft feel, is more absorbent, and has fun designs. To be honest though, expensive doesn’t usually mean better.
So if you’re thinking of buying the most expensive one on this list, know that the other diapers can be just as great for you and your baby’s needs!
Frequently Asked Questions About Baby Diapers
This follow-up section is for educational purposes and answering any leftover questions you may still have.
What Baby Diapers Do Doctors Recommend?
A common opinion among experts is that the Pampers Swaddlers are the best for skinny babies.
What they highlighted the most is the fact that Pampers Swaddlers are reliable, comfortable, and lightweight!
How Do I Know When My Baby Needs a Bigger Diaper?
There are signs that tell you your baby’s diaper is too small. The first thing you should do is check your baby’s current diaper size.
Your baby’s diapers are probably too small if you see red marks from the elastic around their upper legs and tummy.
There’s also the obvious sign of how it looks or feels on your baby. If it seems too tight around the legs or waist, your baby needs a bigger diaper.
Is There a Diaper Size Smaller Than Newborn?
Yes, there is. It’s the new P-3 size offered by Pampers. The P-3 size is, in fact, three sizes smaller than newborn diapers!
It’s designed to fit premature babies who were born in the second trimester and weigh as little as 500 grams (1 pound).
Pampers is actually the first major diaper brand offering baby diapers made specifically for babies this tiny!
What Are the Smallest Diapers?
The smallest diapers available are called preemie diapers. They come in sizes -3, -2, and -1.
They’re designed for premature babies so that you can get the right fit for your baby’s weight and size!
To cap it off, we’ll just go through the three diapers for skinny babies that stood out from other diaper brands.
Best Budget Option: The Honest Company Club Box Diapers
It was a no-brainer that the Honest Company made an ideal disposable diaper for skinny babies. What makes it stand out is its unbelievable price!
If you want something sustainable, gentle, and extremely affordable, choose these!
Best Value: Huggies Diapers – Special Delivery
Special Delivery diapers for skinny babies by Huggies hit the best balance between function and price. It’s soft, can perfectly fit around your baby’s thigh areas, and prevent leaks. It’s affordable too!
Best Overall: Pampers Pure Disposable Diapers
As for our clear winner, we didn’t have second thoughts. Pampers Pure may be the best diaper for skinny babies we’ve reviewed.
It’s a mix between plant-based and cloth diapers and delivers the benefits of both!
And that’s a wrap!
We hope this buying guide helped you ask the right questions, select the right products, and have given your skinny baby the RIGHT diaper for them!