You’re working from home and your little one starts to become more and more mobile? Then get your little one an activity center! (Note: This is not to be confused with a play yard or activity gym.)
These are exciting moments for babies and give many parents that much-needed break.
As babies start to get curious, they try out new skills. So, you might be thinking, Baby Exersaucer vs Walker?
A baby exersaucer is a pretty safe activity center for your baby. Curious to know why? Read on!
A Closer Look: Exersaucer vs. Walker
There are a lot of options when it comes to kids’ first activity centers today.
Growing up in the ’70s, my parents gave me my first Baby Walker. They were a big part of walking activities for babies during that era.
Today, you can choose between Baby Jumpers like the Jumperoos or the Doorway Jumpers. Man, we wish we had a Jumperoo back then! Baby jumpers were non-existent while we were growing up.
Nowadays, your choices as a parent are endless!
From Walker vs Exersaucer vs Jumperoo, there are differences between each. So what are the differences between a Walker vs Exersaucer?
First, let’s start with Walkers.
A Baby Walker consists of a suspended fabric seat and an activity tray with a base with multi-directional wheels. The activity tray can also function as a feeding tray.
Once you place your little one on the Walker and his feet touch the floor, it’s easy to maneuver.
These devices give your baby both speed and mobility. This actually makes the Walker QUITE dangerous. It moves as fast as 3 feet per second! Imagine it going down the stairs!
Unfortunately, parents’ reflexes aren’t FAST ENOUGH to catch them.
A lot of countries have banned Walkers for this very reason.
Canada was the first country to ban the Baby Walker in 2004, and the American Pediatric Association and Philippine Pediatric Society have also called to ban walkers and speak against the use of them. There are thousands of walker-related injuries in the United States alone!
One of the most common trips to the ER was due to a baby’s own head trauma caused by a Walker.
Experts also say they cause delays in the mental and motor development of a child.
There are still some countries where they sell Baby Walkers even with safety concerns.
PRO MOMMY TIP: If you’re still planning on using these baby walkers, we recommend that your baby should only use them when walking on top of non-toxic play mats. This is to create some friction and slow down your child’s walking speed.
- Keeps them engaged and busy
- Encourages walking
- Easy setup and storage
Not So Good:
- These devices do not help with the motor development of the child
- Walkers have safety concerns
One major difference between a Baby Walker vs Exersaucer is the wheels.
An Exersaucer doesn’t come with wheels but is moved by its base. Evenflo developed this to replace the Baby Walker.
Your child will be able to stand by themselves in the middle. They can explore fun educational accessories such as musical toys with lights.
Babies love it! This kind of mental stimulation will keep them busy for a while. Then as they grow older, it can become a play table for toddlers.
Baby Walker vs Exersaucer, there are differences between these devices.
One of which is that ALL Exersaucers are stationary.
- It’s generally safe
- Fun toys serve as entertainment
- Great for developing skills
- Receives good comment on reviews
Not So Good:
- One can be a bit bulky for storage
- A bit expensive
Exersaucer vs. Walker: What Should I Pick?
First, exercise toys or interactive toys, in general, come with their risks. So please make sure you keep your eyes on your baby AT ALL TIMES.
Whether it’s a Baby Jumper, Exersaucer, Baby Walker, or even a fun non-toxic activity gym, don’t treat it like your babysitter!
As a parent, we all know that child safety is of utmost importance.
Baby Walkers pose a great risk to your child. Injuries from baby walkers include:
- Head bumps
- Pinched fingers and/or toes
- Falling out of the walker
You want to make the right decision.
It’s obvious that the excellent choice for a parent is the Exersaucer. But that doesn’t mean a Walker is a bad choice.
There are just more risks using one and mostly, you’d have to ensure the environment is completely safe before leaving your baby alone while in the Walker.
The Best Exersaucer in the Market Today
Parenting in a pandemic could be very stressful when you work from home. Wouldn’t it be nice to go to that Zoom meeting without a baby on your lap?
Since all babies love toys, giving them a NEW ACTIVITY is the right solution. It’s a great option for you! It will keep your baby happy and squeal to their heart’s content!
Walkers vs Exersaucer vs Jumperoo as Activity Jumpers have similarities.
It’s also good to read customer reviews to help you decide. Because customers will tell you the truth through experience. If you’re going to spend money, might as well know the best option there is for your baby.
Here are Our Top 3 Picks:
Skip Hop Baby Activity Center with 3-Stage Functionality
“Can transform into a toddler table! Perfect for fun coloring activities and games.” – Anonymous
- Has a beautiful, modern design with 25+ developmental activities
- It allows your baby to bounce, sit, and swivel
- This product has adjustable legs and converts into a clean sturdy activity table
- You can buy chairs additionally
- Has toy attachment clips where you can customize and rearrange the toys
- The musical piano that lights up when played
- Stretchy seat rotates to 360-degrees
- Baby can see their feet through the unique Discovery Window
- For babies 4 months and up
- This product weighs 15 pounds
- Has dimensions of 31” x 31” x 18.5h inches
- 3 AA batteries required
- Able to hold babies weighing not more than 28 pounds
- Very easy to assemble
- The toy colors aren’t loud and don’t stick out like a sore thumb
- It becomes an awesome activity table for coloring and playing
- It saves you money
- It’s easy to clean
- Not foldable for storage
- The snack bowl comes out and the baby can spill food
Fisher-Price Animal Wonders Jumperoo
“Has jungle-themed activities for your baby and comes in three different heights.” – Anonymous
- The Jumperoo is an Exersaucer and jumper in one!
- The seat is adjustable up to 3 different heights and spins at 360 degrees
- Has very colorful animal toys
- Music, lights, and sounds activate with your baby’s every bounce
- This product has a wide base for the greatest stability
- For babies at least 6 months
- This product weighs 17.2 pounds
- Has dimensions of 24×22×7.3 inches
- 3 AA batteries Required
- Able to hold babies weighing not more than 27 pounds.
- Pretty safe to use
- Easy storage
- Easy to assemble
- It has good resale value
- The seat is removable and easy to clean
- It has a short lifespan (up to babies aged 11 months only)
- The toy colors are too loud and can be quite an eyesore
Baby Einstein Neptune’s Ocean Discovery Jumper
“For your baby’s educational enjoyment.” – Anonymous
- It helps your baby discover colors
- Teaches babies numbers in 3 different languages (Spanish, French, and English)
- It is height adjustable and babies can swivel from toy to toy
- The bounce chair allows babies to strengthen and develop leg muscles while they jump
- Has some discovery themed flashcards to boost the vocabulary of your child
- Has a piano with musical lights
- Has extra link hooks to attach more toys
- For babies at least 6 months
- This product weighs 6.93 pounds
- Has dimensions of 32 x 32 x 33.13 inches
- 3 AA batteries required
- Able to hold babies weighing not more than 25 pounds
- It teaches your baby different languages
- Baby will discover classical music at an early age
- The flashcards can help encourage babies first words
- Toys are removable and babies can play with them after they outgrow the Exersaucer
- This baby jumper is lighter than most standalone jumpers
- The seat is easy to clean
- Incredibly difficult to assemble and then store
- Consumes space
- Striking colors might not suit your taste if your thing is modern minimalist
- You have to put a pillow underneath due to the height limitation of the product
Exersaucer vs Walker: Our Choice
Skip Hop Baby Activity Center: Interactive Play Center with 3-Stage Functionality
This is a good investment for parents and children.
Important things to consider when choosing the best Exersaucer vs Walker:
- Multipurpose: It converts to an awesome toddler table for coloring and playing.
- Durable: It’s the type your baby will not outgrow even in the toddler years.
- Easy Maintenance: The fabric is machine-washable so it’s very simple and easy to clean!
- Appearance: It has a clean and modern aesthetic and the toys have subdued colors. Easy on the eyes!
- Safety: It allows for contained play for baby when you need to do other things in the house.
- Portable: It is sturdy and light enough to carry around when you need to transfer to a different room.
- Price: Best of all, it’s affordable!
For the First Time Parent:
Here are some things to read before you hit that BUY button:
- Your baby is old enough to sit with support and hold his own head up to be able to use an Exersaucer.
- Take note that most Exersaucers are only used for babies 6 months and up.
- Give your child options to exercise and play outside of the Exersaucer.
- NEVER leave your baby unattended.
- Always read the manual for safety instructions
- Lock the Exersaucer in the right position before putting your baby in.
- Check for choking hazards.
- They can play with it for a few minutes (around 15 minutes) or else they get too attached to it.
By now, you already have an idea which one you want! All the products we mentioned will definitely be something you need.
We want to help you choose the right one for you. Here are our final thoughts:
Choose the Skip Hop Baby Activity Center if:
- You need something your baby can use at four months of age. Most Exersaucers allow for use starting at six months only.
- You are looking for an Exersaucer you can use until your child’s toddler years
- You don’t plan to buy a separate activity table when your child outgrows the Exersaucer
- You want excellent reviews and comments about the products
This is worth buying if you are thinking long-term. I love the functionality of this product! I know you’ll love it too!
Choose the Fisher-Price Animal Wonders Jumperoo if:
- You are looking for a jumper and Exersaucer in one
- You intend to sell it once your baby outgrows it
- You want a more affordable option
The Jumperoo is the best selling activity Jumper in the market for good reason. What we love about it is its ability to make little ones jump with joy!
March 4, 2022 – updated content and added 1 new link c/o Doctor’s revisions
July 23, 2021 – reviewed and updated article links