So you want to learn how to get an Amazon baby box? It’s not shocking how babies, especially newborns, need a ton of essentials. Thankfully, Amazon has one of the best baby registries.
What’s in it for you? Well, the Amazon Baby Box you get from building your baby registry welcomes you and your baby with free samples AND even full-sized products of community-loved baby must-haves.
What Is in the Amazon Baby Welcome Box 2021?
What’s inside the Amazon Baby Registry Welcome Box is surely a delightful gift for both babies and new parents. The contents are worth $35 and are all very useful, and so adorable!
Not all boxes are the same since the exact products and samples depend on the stock of their items. You can think of it like each one being a special box for you and your baby.
Generally, you can expect to receive a selection of free full-sized & trial-sized baby samples from big brands, and products from Amazon’s most trusted partners. You can even score baby blankets, bibs, and other toys.
Here’s a checklist of what they offer based on what some moms are getting (Note: You won’t get ALL of these):
- Swaddle Designs (Cotton) Muslin Swaddle Blanket
- Bright Start Snuggle & Teether Baby Toy
- Simple Joys by Carter’s Girls’ 5-Pack Long-Sleeve Bodysuit
- Amazon Elements wipes OR WaterWipes OR Huggies Sensitive Wipes
- Avent OR Munchkin Latch Nursing Pads
- Hudson Baby Bandana Bib
- Pampers sample clutch
- NUK Pacifier Value Pack
- Dreft Pur-Touch Samples
- Munchkin Toss Portable Disposable Diaper Pail
- Huggies Special Delivery Hypoallergenic Diapers
- Babyganics Diapers + $5 Off Coupon
- Philips Avent OR Dr.Brown’s Natural Flow Options+ Wide-Neck Baby Bottle
- Pampers Diapers & Sensitive Wipes + coupon booklet
- Aquaphor Baby Healing Ointment
- Cetaphil Daily Lotion
- Aveeno Baby Daily Moisture Lotion
- Baby Dove Rich Moisture Tip to Toe Wash
- Bliss Triple Oxygen Instant Energizing Mask
- Seventh Generation Diapers, Laundry Detergent, Wipes, and Baby Lotion
- Munchkin OR Philips Avent Day Disposable Breast Pads
- La Roche-Posay Cicaplast Baume B6 Multi-Purpose Balm Cream Packets
Learn how you can obtain this Amazon Baby Registry Welcome Box in 5 very simple steps.
How to Get the Amazon Baby Welcome Box (in 5 Easy Steps):
The Amazon Welcome Box is available to customers in the continental United States with active Amazon Prime accounts who create a baby registry. With that said, here are the steps to get that free Amazon Baby Registry welcome box:
Step 1: Be an Amazon Prime or Amazon Family Member (Signing up for the 30-day Trial counts too!)
To get your FREE Amazon Baby Welcome Box, a requirement is being an Amazon Prime member, which costs $99 per year. A lot of moms can vouch that it is money well spent.
It also applies if you have an Amazon Family account.
Why? Prime members get excellent value thanks to Amazon’s free 2-day shipping – a win if you frequently shop online – and the 20% discount deals on diapers, food, and more.
Apart from the Amazon Baby Registry Welcome Box, more benefits for Prime members include:
- FREE 90-Day Returns on most items
- Amazon’s upgraded 15% off baby registry completion discount
- Free Baby Registry Sweepstakes
- Member-exclusive coupons
- Free photo storage
- Access to UNLIMITED music streaming, and Prime Video streaming
- Easily add items from any site (even off Amazon)
If you don’t feel like signing up, you can sign up for a free 30-day trial for Amazon Prime instead. You may cancel any time, and if you cancel within the 30-day trial, you won’t be charged the annual fee.
Step 2: Create Your Baby Registry
Once you have your Amazon Baby Registry account, just click “Create Baby Registry” and fill out your basic information – name, email address, baby’s expected arrival date, and shipping address. This step takes just a couple of minutes.
You Can Also Customize Your Registry:
Things you can also do when making your Amazon Baby Registry:
- Enter a co-registrant – Add your significant other’s name if your guests for your baby shower search the registry in their name.
- Adjust the registry privacy settings – You may keep it public, private (by selecting “Just for me now”), or only available to people who are given the direct registry link.
- Expand the “A little bit more about you” section – Add information like your baby’s gender, or whether or not this is your first baby.
- Add a personal note to your friends and family.
- Choose to receive email notifications when a gift is purchased
Step 3: Complete the Registry Checklist
This step is quite thorough, but the Amazon Baby Registry Welcome Box is worth it!
- At the top of the website page, you’ll see “Welcome Box”. Click on “Complete Checklist”.
- Amazon also has their products in categories from bath, feeding, to health & safety. You can search and choose a variety of gentle, non-toxic baby products.
- At the top of your Registry Checklist, click through each category.
- Add an item to the registry from every category then mark the category as complete. If you don’t need anything from a category, just mark it as complete.
- Under each category are sub-categories with a box next to it. If you already have items from a sub-category, check the box next to it.
- Make sure all the checkboxes are checked for each category.
- ALL categories are marked complete satisfies Amazon’s registry checklist requirement.
- Check your status any time by clicking “Check Status” in the “Welcome Box”.
Step 4: Make a $10+ Purchase from the Amazon Baby Registry
Tip: It Doesn’t Have to Be a Baby Item!
Just add anything you want to your baby registry checklist items and buy it from there
Once your items worth $10 or more have been purchased (the $10 threshold doesn’t include tax or shipping costs or gift cards!) from your registry initially, THEN you can claim your Free Amazon Baby Welcome Box.
Note: You don’t have to make the purchases. You can also wait for someone to make a $10 purchase from your registry.
Important Note: You won’t be able to redeem your Welcome Box until Amazon has shipped the item/s from your registry purchase.
Suggestions for Your Purchase
In case you’d like to make a purchase suitable for babies, you can choose from these most popular sections:
- Post-Partum Products
- Play Mats for Babies
- Organic Baby Carriers
- Non-Toxic Car Seats, Strollers, and Furniture
Step 5: Claim Your Free Baby Registry Welcome Box
- AFTER the $10+ Purchase, the Click on “Redeem” or the “Claim Now” button, accessible via the “Benefits” tab on your registry, for the Free Amazon Baby Welcome Box.
- After you click redeem, the welcome box will be added to your cart. It should show $0.
- Proceed and complete check out.
- This checkout is completely free and has free shipping.
- If everything seems to be in check, your free welcome box should arrive soon!
How Is the Amazon Welcome Box Different from Walmart’s Welcome Box?
Two of the most popular welcome boxes come from Amazon and Walmart.
Without going much into detail, Walmart has a slightly wider diversity in products in their welcome box. However, Amazon has more non-sample useful products like onesies and blankets.
The product samples of the Amazon baby box are said to be tamer compared to those from Walmart, or even Target’s, but what it lacks in extras, it surely makes up for in number and variety in products.
Amazon’s convenient and free welcome box is filled with beloved goodies, for both moms and babies, that you’ll actually appreciate.
After all, can you really say no to a free baby welcome box on top of your purchase?
We hope that this tutorial was helpful, and you have fun creating your registry. Share this article as a gift to someone with a little one on the way!
July 23, 2021 – updated schema
July 22, 2021 – updated interlinking, updated external links